A major driver of governance systems is the regulatory, legal and ownership environment in which a government entity operates.
Through our extensive experience, we understand the challenges and the opportunities your environment presents, particularly with recent court decisions and increasing legal obligations.
Value of Governance
- Improved performance to meet stakeholder expectations, including Ministers, clients and the Public
- Compliance with Commonwealth/State/Local Government legislation.
- The review of the CEO/Executive Director can be a challenging process and discussion, reflecting upon expectations is a healthy and robust process that will improve the relationship of the board and the CEO/Executive Director.
How SSAMM adds value through services we deliver
- Board review to demonstrate the value the board adds to your organisation
- Board maturity assessment to provide benchmarking of governance systems across different government entities
- Committee review to determine the value the committee structure delivers to the governance systems
- Board skills review to assist with succession planning and director recruitment guidance to the shareholding Minister/s
- Director self-peer review to determine the contribution each director provides to the board
- CEO review to ensure a robust performance review process exists which provides the whole board with the opportunity for input
- Organisational governance review to ascertain how your existing governance system adds value to your organisation
- Leading practice governance policies and procedures review to ensure board processes are efficient and effective
- Strategy facilitation to establish and/or provide clarity on the strategic direction
- Risk facilitation to ensure the board has an agreed risk appetite statement supported by a robust risk framework